Monday, July 12, 2010

The day I became bitchy to an old lady

Salam,

I am perfectly aware that we need to talk nicely to the old folks just because they're old and have sensitive hearts. But so do they right? Old folks also need to talk in a good manner to others, especially us the youngsters so that both generations will have mutual understanding.

I've come across with so many articles, be it in the newspaper, online, magazines, saying that youngsters nowadays are losing their manners towards the young ones. But what about the other way round? The old generation who doesn't uphold the good value and manners? What about that?

Have you encountered this situation where someone who is obviously older from you talking to you in the rudest manner?

Well, I have mine. Today actually.

So, it went like this. I had to relief this class, Year 1 and everything went smoothly. Even taught them the "Sifir Siput Sedut" and finally (thank god!) the bell rang, marked that the school session was over. As I was ready to get out from the class, a random makcik whom I didn't know her at all came and approached me. Without any salam, not even saying the "Please" word, she asked for RM 18. I was so pissed off by the way she asked me (and the way she looked at me too, like I was doing something wrong). It was like "along-asking-for-money-from-stupid-people" kind of moment. She was very rude and harsh! No, I wasn't exaggerating. It really happened!

Let me give you one advise. Never messed up with English teachers because we have this some sort of attitude that only emerge once in a while. It's call "bitchy" moment. So I had my bitchy moment with her. I became so bitchy and said " bakpe sy kene bg duit ke mokciknyer?? (translate: what the hell on earth that I should give you the money??) and walked away. Not that I wanted to be a bitch and being stingy but the way she asked for RM 18 was just so inappropriate and rude.

After the incident (terus mati mood nak beli susu and dadih), I went straight to the staffroom and looking for my close colleague and told everything about what had happened. She didn't look surprise at all. Instead she said to me that it happened a lot of time. That makcik memang x malu langsung nk mintak duit ngan cikgu as if we teachers have plenty of money and cop duit macam bank ek? BS! She advised me that whenever that makcik come and ask for money again, don't bother to layan. Just walk away and never look back and try to avoid meeting her. Luckily I'm not teaching Year 1 (except for PJ).

So yeah that's my first encounter. Seriously I never thought that I would talk to an old lady with that kind of voice. I will definitely give her some money if she approaches me nicely and not being so pushy.

p/s: Didn't I tell you that I'm a teacher? Yes, a primary school teacher.




No comments:

Post a Comment