Friday, July 16, 2010

Weekend cooking

Salam,

Hye, Happy Weekend readers =)

I rarely cook because I'm too lazy and I'm on diet. So it hinders my cooking skill to grow.

But since today is weekend, I grabbed the opportunity to cook.

Yes! Cooking is not my cup of tea, but I have the passion and interest to cook.

So today, I was so brave and cooked for my mother (father was away to Sandakan) and only two of us at home.

But it didn't stop me to cook for a king!

For lunch, I wanted to eat something soupy so the only meal that I know that I can cook is Mi Rebus. So Mi Rebus it is.

I did take some photos to put up here. But as I was just started, the battery died so no photos. Don't worry will share you the simple recipe together with photos later ya?Anyway pictures will be much interesting to look at and you will have the view on how it suppose to be like, huh?

Promise!

So after we finished our lunch, I watched the AFC (Asian Food Channel) and my favourite cook was on! Rachel Allen: Bake! was one of my favourite cooking shows and it focuses mainly on dessert. The recipe was just too simple to do and quick!


So on that show, she was teaching bunch of untrained people (like me) to make meringue. Meringue is a type of dessert where you can eat with ice-cream, fruits or fruit coolies. It's so easy to do, trust me!

After I gathered the ingredients needed, I just did it and wallah! It's done!

Oh will share the recipe together with the pictures okay as I'm pretty sure that I will do it again.


So Mi Rebus for lunch and Meringue for dessert. Isn't life just wonderful? Especially it's weekend bebeh!

p/s: start to worry about the waistline. Hopefully food intake today will be washed away by the tea mix =p

No comments:

Post a Comment